Cursores

viernes, 21 de agosto de 2015

Story

In L/L Writing we had to write a short story that in a way, it had to be connected to the poem "Father Returning Home",  by Dilip Chitre.
A nice and sad memory


It was a sunny Sunday when we were having a warm lunch at my grandmother's house. It was the day before my vacation started. All the family were sitting down around the central table, sharing some funny anecdotes. All of us were there: my parents, my sister, my brothers, my aunts, my uncles, my cousins, my granny and fundamentally my uncle Edward. That day was specially for those who were going to travel. Some of them were going to Pinamar, others to Salta and we (my family) were going to Córdoba.
I may say that we were having a great time in the river with our friends. It was a sunny afternoon and we were enjoying some fresh-fruits drinks. It was a perfect day until the phone rang. It was a call from Pinamar. While my mother was hearing that voice over the phone, tears started to slide on her face. An accident had happened. Who was it? It was Edward. After four hours in the hospital he died. 
That sunny Sunday was the last time I ever saw him with his smile, with his mussels, with his amazing blue eyes, alive. That was the last time I ever saw them together as a lovely family. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario